Time to Upgrade Your Home
As you’ve seen, Summer was a BOOMING time for home sales. Thinking about maybe listing your property, but want to get top dollar? Here are the top 3 things that might bring you the best return on your investment:
1) Minor Bathroom Remodel (Average return at resale: 102%)
- If you can pipe a child’s name on a birthday cake, you can re-caulk a tub. Use a softener like CAULK-BE-GONE to get rid of the old caulk. Fill the tub with water after you’re done to stretch caulk while it dries.
- Tub still in good condition? Re-glaze it for a like-new finish. Cost: $300 to $500.
- Remove dated wall coverings and apply a fresh coat of paint. For damaged walls, spray-on texture provides quick coverage.
- Replace old shower doors or remove them to add the illusion of space.
2) Minor Kitchen Remodel (Average return at resale: 98.5%)
- The idea is to do a minor remodel when your kitchen needs a cosmetic update and not a drastically different floor plan.
- Brighten up the kitchen by sanding and painting existing cabinets. It’s much less expensive than buying new ones.
- Put recessed lights 3’ to 5’ apart on center and 18″ from cabinets to light the countertops.
- Stick with neutral colors for walls and treatments.
3) Living Room Updates (Average return at resale: 66%)
- It costs around $1,350 for staging and updating living room decor with new light switches, outlet covers, floor registers, crown molding, chair rails and drapes, etc.
- Details add dollars. Crown molding gives a room a crisp, clean finish that buyers love. Choose molding that complements trim and floorboards. Prices start at around $1.40 per linear foot.
- If you’re staging your home to sell, don’t move excess furniture and clutter into the garage. Rent a storage unit for about $1 per square foot per month.
If you’ve considered selling, now’s the time and I’m the REALTOR®!
When you decide to sell, I’ll price and prepare your unit for today’s buyers. I’ll send my professional photographer to take photos that’ll set your unit apart in a market of similar homes. I’ll also push your home to agent networks, over 350 buyer search sites and social media outlets. I’ll do whatever it takes to sell your home for top dollar, and find you your next dream home.
Questions? Comments? Ready to sell? Contact me and we can chat. I look forward to working with you.